7.08.2008

Through the fence

Posted by Edoray

20080707 - 037
The importance of borders. I really like a border around my photos. Afterall, we usually hang our paintings with a frame, and very few works of art are on the walls of our museums without a frame. So then, why do most people post there photos without a border (or frame). Maybe a bit too much work. Well, macros and actions to the rescue. I frame all my photos, and I post a lot of photos, but all of them with frames. I just create actions to do it. But I leave the color of the frame for me to set, which I do by noticing what colors in the photo would best draw a viewer in. Sometimes it's a small splotch of color somewhere in the photo, while others it's the main color theme of the photo itself. So as a last step in my photoshop action, I'll select a color from the photo and apply it as the color for the frame.
This photo is an example of an otherwise ordinary photo, that was enhanced by the frame. Give it a try in whatever post production photo program you use and see if it doesn't set your photos off a little better (especially against Flickr's white background).

Take care and enjoy your shooting.

0 comments: